WELDER / FABRICATOR
Under the direct supervision of the Fabrication Shop Foreman, this position performs structural steel welding and fabrication for a variety of jobs. Compliance with AWS D1.1 regulations and the IronWorks Quality Assurance program is required. In addition, this position needs to collaborate with other team members, work within the production schedule, proactively maintain all tools and equipment used, and follow all safety precautions.
This position requires an experienced, energetic, and detail-focused individual that wants to be a part of a growing team and company. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in fabrication and welding and have the drive, and skills required to be an exceptional part of our team.
- Read blueprints and take or read measurements to plan layout and fit-up procedures.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on company standards and guidance from management and/or in house CWI.
- Prepare raw material for welding according to blueprints and specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws, punch holes, shear plate etc.)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded.
- Align components using calipers, tape measures etc. and clamp pieces in place.
- Weld components using various types of welding equipment and processes in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead).
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Ensure all tasks are completed efficiently and safely, meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Ensure that all company and industry regulated quality standards are maintained.
- Responsible to ensure hours are logged to proper jobs.
- Work extended hours and occasional weekends as per job requirements.
- Work independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects.
education and experience requirements
- High School Diploma (Associate’s Degree preferred).
- Two years to five years steel welding experience preferred.
This position could be part-time or full-time, depending on work load. Days and Hours of work would fall between Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. There may be times where over-time is required.
- Technical Capacity
- Blueprint Reading
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
This job operates in a structural steel fabrication shop environment. The shop is heated in the winter, and is currently not air conditioned in the summer.
This position is largely standing, lifting up to 50 lbs. with reaching, bending and stooping.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.