SHIPPING YARD - MATERIAL HANDLER
Under the supervision of the Plant Manager, this position is responsible for the unloading and storage of raw materials (steel plates and structural steel) upon delivery. This position requires all-terrain forklift experience, and exceptional attention to detail. This individual will get to enjoy the outdoor elements year-round, providing a variety of vital services to the company. Organization and safety consciousness are the top qualities valued for this position.
- Inventory management following IronWorks current shipping/receiving procedures.
- Maintain clean work area (shipping yard) carefully following guidelines for the safe handling and transport of raw materials and disposal of any material waste.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Ensure all tasks are completed efficiently and safely, meeting customer delivery expectations.
- Work extended hours as per job requirements.
- Work independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects.
- Any other task as directed by management.
education and experience requirements
- Must have minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Forklift certification – experience with all-terrain telehandler forklift a must.
- Ideal candidate will be a multi-tasker, self-reliant, dependable, have a great work ethic and ability to work at a fast pace in all weather conditions.
- Must have valid drivers license.
This position is full-time. Days and Hours of work would fall between Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. There may be times where over-time is required.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
$3120 – $5352 per month (based on experience)
Benefits Package (up to $10 per hour value!):
- Insurance – Company pays 80% of premiums for employee and family
- HSA – Company contributes to help cover medical costs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company funded Life Insurance and LTD Plans
- 401k with Company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Safety Shoe & Eyewear Reimbursement Plan
- Operation and Maintenance
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
This job is an outdoor/all seasons position.
This position will vary between standing and sitting, may include lifting up to 50 lbs. with reaching, bending and stooping.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.