Under the direct supervision of the Fabrication Manager, this position will set up and operate the band saw. Compliance with the IronWorks Quality Assurance program is required. In addition, this position needs to collaborate with other team members, work within the production schedule, proactively maintain all tools and equipment used, and follow all safety precautions.
This position requires an experienced, energetic, and detail-focused individual that wants to be a part of a growing team and company. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in fabrication and have the drive, and skills required to be an exceptional part of our team.
- Ability to stand, lift, climb and perform various other physical functions
- Perform a variety of duties including grinding, deburring, cleaning of parts, cutting and removal of scrap
- Load and unload the saw using the overhead crane with chains or magnet
- Remove cut product from the table, stack on pallets or place in bins, and ensure timely delivery to the next department as required
- Program and operate saw machine
- Program and set up using proper techniques and measurements
- Operate Forklifts & Overhead Cranes & hand torches
- Bring In and Remove Various Sizes, Thickness of Steel plates
- Operate and maintain the saw machine to cut in various parts.
- Select and setup tooling.
- Ability to read and understand work orders and fill out correctly.
- Effectively use all tools associated with performing duties including reading tape measures, calipers, etc.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions
- Read work instructions to determine material to load for cutting job and locate the particular material
- Ensure the correct settings are set up for each cutting program.
- Set up, operate, or tend burn machines that cut material to specified dimensions.
- Inspect and measure work pieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes to ensure the quality of parts.
education and experience requirements
- High School Diploma (Associate’s Degree or Diploma in Machining preferred).
- Two years to five years steel fabrication experience preferred.
This position could be part-time or full-time, depending on work load. Days and Hours of work would fall between Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. There may be times where over-time is required.
COMPEnsation & benefits
$3120 – $5145 per month (based on experience)
Benefits Package (up to $10 per hour value!):
- Insurance – Company pays 80% of premiums for employee and family
- HSA – Company contributes to help cover medical costs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company funded Life Insurance and LTD Plans
- 401k with Company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Safety Shoe & Eyewear Reimbursement Plan
- Strong independent judgement; self-starting.
- Willingness to work proficiently, always focusing on the quality of work being performed.
- Sense of urgency.
- Solid collaborator, team oriented and customer service focused.
- Adaptable and resourceful in a dynamic environment.
- Initiative and responsibility.
This job operates in a steel machine shop environment. The shop is heated in the winter, and is currently not air conditioned in the summer.
This position is largely standing, lifting up to 50 lbs. with reaching, bending and stooping.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.