Under the direct supervision of the Coatings Manager, this position performs industrial steel sandblasting for a variety of jobs. Compliance with the IronWorks Quality Assurance program is required. In addition, this position needs to collaborate with other team members, work within the production schedule, proactively maintain all tools and equipment used, and follow all safety precautions.
This position requires an experienced, energetic, and detail-focused individual with good dexterity that wants to be a part of a growing team and company. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in sandblasting and have the drive, and skills required to be an exceptional part of our team.
- Read blueprints and drawings to understand customer specifications for the job.
- Determine the appropriate abrasive needed based on requirements.
- Load parts on racks and place into the sandblast booth.
- Prepare the surface, masking and cleaning.
- Adjust valves on equipment to regulate pressure and composition of abrasive mixture flowing through the nozzle.
- Manually direct nozzle over the surface of the small to large sized steel parts and manipulate to remove adhering scale, sand, paint, rust, etc. from the surface.
- Clean work area carefully following guidelines for the safe handling and disposal of abrasives.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Ensure all tasks are completed efficiently and safely, meeting customer delivery expectations.
- Work extended hours as per job requirements.
- Work independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects.
- Any other task as directed by management.
education and experience requirements
High School Diploma.
Two years to five years industrial sandblasting experience is preferred.
This position could be part-time or full-time, depending on work load. Days and Hours of work would fall between Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. There may be times where over-time is required.
- Technical Capacity
- Blueprint Reading
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
This job operates in an industrial paint shop environment. The shop is heated in the winter, and is currently not air conditioned in the summer.
This position is largely standing, lifting up to 50 lbs. with reaching, bending and stooping.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.