Under the direct supervision of the Machining Manager, this position performs machining for a variety of jobs. Compliance with the IronWorks Quality Assurance program is required. In addition, this position needs to collaborate with other team members, work within the production schedule, proactively maintain all tools and equipment used, and follow all safety precautions.
This position requires an experienced, energetic, and detail-focused individual that wants to be a part of a growing team and company. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in machining and have the drive, and skills required to be an exceptional part of our team.
- Read blueprints and take or read measurements to plan layout procedures.
- Determine the appropriate machine(s) and tools needed to perform progressive machining operations as required.
- Plan and set-up tools to fully utilize machines’ capacity and minimize amount of machining and number of set-ups required.
- Program and optimize the sequence of operations according to blueprints and specifications.
- Operate multiple types of machines involving exacting tolerances.
- Determine cutting tools to be used and methods of holding and aligning work.
- Ability to improvise and adapt tooling, attachments and other machining aids.
- Check own work for conformance to specifications.
- Utilize a working knowledge and application of shop mathematics.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Ensure all tasks are completed efficiently and safely, meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Ensure that all company and industry regulated quality standards are maintained.
- Responsible to ensure hours are logged to proper jobs.
- Work extended hours and occasional weekends as per job requirements.
- Work independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects.
- Any other tasks as directed by management.
education and experience requirements
- High School Diploma (Associate’s Degree or Diploma in Machining preferred).
- Two years to five years steel machining experience preferred.
This position could be part-time or full-time, depending on work load. Days and Hours of work would fall between Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. There may be times where over-time is required.
- Technical Capacity
- Blueprint Reading
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
This job operates in a steel machine shop environment. The shop is heated in the winter, and is currently not air conditioned in the summer.
This position is largely standing, lifting up to 50 lbs. with reaching, bending and stooping.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.