Inventory & Material Control Manager
Under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Manufacturing, the Inventory & Material Control Manager is responsible for the management of inventory of raw materials and shop supplies. This position requires an experienced, organized and detail-focused individual with good communication skills that wants to be a part of a growing team and company. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Inventory management as well as supervisory experience.
- Exemplify and promote excellence throughout the department.
- Design and implement an inventory tracking system to optimize inventory control procedures. This should include a plan for minimizing or eliminating inventory shortages and discrepancies, detailed reporting and accurate ERP records.
- Issue RFQ’s, type and post purchase orders.
- Establish and implement a plan for material certification documentation.
- Establish and maintain standard unit costs for raw materials, shop supplies.
- Evaluate current and new inventory opportunities to ensure best costs, quality, and timeliness of deliveries.
- Perform and/or review the nesting of DXF’s going to the Plasma Table.
education and experience requirements
- Basic understanding of steel fabrication and manufacturing processes including understanding of reading blueprints.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office. Solid knowledge of data analysis, ERP systems, and forecasting techniques.
- Degree in business administration, finance, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role.
This position is full-time. Days and Hours of work would fall between Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
This position is responsible for a team of 3-5 employees.
This job operates in both a professional office environment as well as a steel machine shop environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, and filing cabinets.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing or short duration shop work may be required. This would require ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.