Under the direct supervision of the Coatings Manager, this position performs industrial coating/painting steel for a variety of jobs. Compliance with the IronWorks Quality Assurance program is required. In addition, this position needs to collaborate with other team members, work within the production schedule, proactively maintain all tools and equipment used, and follow all safety precautions.
This position requires an experienced, energetic, and detail-focused individual with good dexterity that wants to be a part of a growing team and company. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in industrial coating/painting and have the drive, and skills required to be an exceptional part of our team.
- Read blueprints and drawings to understand customer specifications for the job.
- Determine the appropriate paint needed based on requirements.
- Prepare the surface, masking and cleaning.
- Prepare the paint, use measurement equipment such as viscosity cups, thickness gages and gloss gages to check the makeup of the paint, and use your understanding of chemistry to mix the appropriate compounds for the job.
- Apply paint using a variety of equipment such as Graco airless pumps, pressure pots, electrostatic painters and lines and paint guns.
- Clean work area carefully following guidelines for the safe handling and disposal of hazardous chemicals and waste.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Ensure all tasks are completed efficiently and safely, meeting customer delivery expectations.
- Work extended hours as per job requirements.
- Work independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects.
- Any other task as directed by management.
education and experience requirements
- High School Diploma (Associate’s Degree preferred).
- Two years to five years industrial painting/coating experience preferred.
This position could be part-time or full-time, depending on work load. Days and Hours of work would fall between Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. There may be times where over-time is required.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
$3120 – $5352 per month (based on experience)
Benefits Package (up to $10 per hour value!):
- Insurance – Company pays 80% of premiums for employee and family
- HSA – Company contributes to help cover medical costs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company funded Life Insurance and LTD Plans
- 401k with Company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Safety Shoe & Eyewear Reimbursement Plan
- Technical Capacity
- Blueprint Reading
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
This job operates in an industrial paint shop environment. The shop is heated in the winter, and is currently not air conditioned in the summer.
This position is largely standing, lifting up to 50 lbs. with reaching, bending and stooping.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.