Under the direct supervision of the Project Engineer, this position prepares detail drawings and performs misc. engineering duties as assigned or requested. In addition, this position needs to collaborate with other team members, work within the production schedule, and follow all safety precautions.
This position requires an experienced, energetic, and detail-focused individual that wants to be a part of a growing team and company. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in drafting and have the drive, and skills required to be an exceptional part of our team.
- Work in conjunction with the drafting team in detailing equipment and parts.
- Prepare shop detail drawings using the most current versions AutoCAD and Solidworks to meet project budget and schedule.
- Prepare prints and copies for projects as requested.
- Working knowledge of trigonometry.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Assist Project Engineers of other groups in meeting deadlines.
- Create maintenance manuals and spare parts lists for assigned projects as requested.
- File prints, run copies of drawings for customer correspondence, copy information for maintenance manuals as requested.
- Any other tasks as assigned by management.
education and experience requirements
Advanced training in drafting with an Associate’s Degree or Diploma in Engineering and Drafting.
Two years drafting experience is preferred.
This position could be part-time or full-time, depending on work load. Days and Hours of work would fall between Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing or short duration shop work may be required. This would require ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.