Under the direct supervision of the Plant Manager, this position is responsible for the supervision and training of fabrication and welding personnel, including the manufacture and quality control of all fabrication, welding equipment and sales orders. Compliance with AWS D1.1 regulations and the IronWorks Quality Assurance program is required. In addition, this position needs to collaborate with other team members, work within the production schedule, proactively maintain all tools and equipment used, and follow all safety precautions.
This position requires an experienced, energetic, and detail-focused individual that wants to be a part of a growing team and company. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in fabrication and welding and have the drive, and skills required to be an exceptional part of our team.
- Exemplify and promote excellence throughout the department.
- Responsible and accountable for shop organization, cleanliness, and quality.
- Maintain a clean and organized manufacturing facility.
- Supervise activities of manufacturing focusing on the optimization of productivity and accuracy.
- Continuous improvement is expected in all critical activities.
- Sales order routing scheduling.
- Assist in the development and implementation of fixtures and fixture kits for existing and new products.
- Ensure regulatory compliance by fostering a culture dedicated to health and safety in the workplace.
- Collaborate with other manufacturing departments, engineering, purchasing, project manager, shipping and sales.
- Attend all scheduled meetings as required.
education and experience requirements
- Welding Diploma or certificate.
- Five years minimum steel welding experience preferred.
- Three years minimum supervisory experience.
This position is full-time. Days and Hours of work would fall between Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
COMPEnsation & benefits
Benefits Package (up to $10 per hour value!):
- Insurance – Company pays 80% of premiums for employee and family
- HSA – Company contributes to help cover medical costs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company funded Life Insurance and LTD Plans
- 401k with Company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Safety Shoe & Eyewear Reimbursement Plan
- Technical Capacity
- Blueprint Reading
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
This position will be responsible for supervising the welding/fabrication team of approximately 10 employees.
This job operates in a structural steel fabrication shop environment. The shop is heated in the winter, and is currently not air conditioned in the summer.
This position is largely standing, lifting up to 50 lbs. with reaching, bending and stooping.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.